Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Letters

I have always admired a handwritten letter. It started with notes being passed in high school- I am sure I wrote over 500 letters over the course of four years in high school. I even had them organized chronologically by sender in many binders. The letters were folded in all shapes- mostly origami hearts and envelopes. Then it continued with letters to my cousins in Minnesota and other pen pals throughout the world. I wish I would have kept them all. Below is a letter from the author of my favorite book, "To Kill A Mockingbird" to a young fan asking for a photograph.
Image: Nate D. Sanders
Transcript 06/07/06 Dear Jeremy I don't have a picture of myself, so please accept these few lines: As you grow up, always tell the truth, do no harm to others, and don't think you are the most important being on earth. Rich or poor, you then can look anyone in the eye and say, "I'm probably no better than you, but I'm certainly your equal." (Signed, 'Harper Lee')

No comments:

Post a Comment